Wednesday 14 August 2013

Granny Takes A Trip

Took myself to the museum yesterday, was pretty average. However was browsing the gorgeous books in the museum shop and came across one about the the boom in vintage boutiques during the 60's! love!!!! It's a decade that encapulates so much about experimental style. The trend for vintage really began in this era with hippies buying from the trendy Granny Takes A Trip as a reaction to the mass production of the day. Also in this era there was a shift from haute couture leading the pack to boutiques and the high street really setting the trends. There was a cultural explosion and when lacking inspiration just google Granny Takes a Trip I bet you will reconise the iconic pop art shop frontage. I'm stuck at work today but I will be pretending I'm part of this swinging scene, just minus the drugs. 

No comments: