Thursday 2 January 2014

How to...... dress like a man.

So in the spirit of New Year I have decided to take a fashionistic adventure on behalf of you all. I will be trying out some very questionable looks and ideas to see how they stand up in practice, or just go down at your local Tesco's. Some will be ridiculous, some I hope to be practical and a couple I might just manage to look mildly cool.

So here goes, I did want to start with how to make a Christmas cracker paper hat look cool. But I decided that they suit every face shape anyway. Also I really hate them.

The look- Suit.

The suit, the choice of every man from the1920's onwards in was a standard piece of wear until it was decided that men could be oh so racy and embraced casual sports and work wear as everyday clothes. However the female versions leave rather a lot to be desired. So why I hunt for a actual male suit that fits my shoulders I have pieced together this little number from charity shops. The jacket is ex H&M but I paid a pound for it! And the trousers are 1990's Laura Ashley. However they are a size 8, I haven't worn a size 8 since I was seventeen and I have to say I don't remember it being so small. Haha.

Now I have to admit that when it comes to clothing for appropriate situations I am not really the right person to ask, however I'd rock this at work with a velvet drape coat over the top. Or really butch it up by tucking the trousers in some DM's and wearing a military beret. Love that vibe. However if it was really up to me I'd love to be able to get away wearing it without a shirt underneath and no shoes, but then that's just my photographic fantasy to be played out in black and white images while smoking a cigar. Just me then.

So go on Ladies (and gentleman) I think its time we all embraced our more traditional masculine side and rocked the suited vibe, its a classic.

Apologies for the shit Urban Outfitters style pictures. Due to a series lack of friends I had to take them on a camera attached to a rather dodgy tripod.





1 comment:

Ross Mountney said...

I love the 'vibe' in your writing! Suit looks cool too!