Wednesday 7 March 2012

Summer cannot come sooner

I awoke to a horrible, wet, rainy, windy day and I'm sure I am not the only one who cannot wait for Summer; it's far to cold and I am tired of being limited to less than a quarter of my wardrobe. Anyway, it was off to Bexhill Town today. Again it took me ages to decide what to wear due to the conditions outside, but I think the final outcome was simple but suitable considering. Plus, its not like I'm looking to win any style awards any time soon.
      Also, forgive the appearance of my moody demeanour.


A nude embellished, slit cut neckline top from a charity shop and my old NEXT high waisted hot-pants that I've cut and altered several times. The 50s headscarf was an attempt to fight against the wind and rain for the afternoon. Plus the "cleaning lady headscarf" look always works well with this weather anyway. The shoes, also from a charity shop.


I bought the top mainly because of this gorgeous stitching around the neck and cuffs, gives the top more texture.


Jacket from another charity shop here in Bexhill. The material is like a soft tweed and the cuffs, pockets and collar are all velvet. I found it on a reduced rail about a year ago... for 50p! WIN.

No comments: