Friday 27 April 2012

repairs and man flu!


I have man flu………yes perhaps it is punishment for being so snappy of late or perhaps I have not been getting enough sleep (likely) busy, busy, busy. So my body has reduced me to laying around sniffing and generally feeling shit! Dam you immune system! Ah well since I’ve been wearing the closest thing I can find to pyjamas lately I have not got a picture of my daily outfit. Instead I thought I’d show you some pics of some repairs I have done this week on my workmates clothes.

A simple and satisfying project, I’m willing you…… don’t chuck your favourite item away because the hem has come loose or the zip has broken. REPAIR! Imagine you live in the 1940’s and make do and mend, or think of the money you will save! Its soooo satisfying, even if it’s just sewing back on a button it’s worth it. It’s better for the environment too, so happy points all round, join me, go on I dare you, get sewing, get inspired and get repairing!



These are after shots of the items both with new zips sewn in, the first one is a 1940's skirt, and the secon a pair of amazing 1960's trouser, what insane fabric!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i hope you feel better